Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Watching the Lakers with my Dad

This post is by my friend Lara Jenkin

Spring time is an exciting time for me because my dad and I get so pumped up to see the Lakers play every season. They have been our favorite team ever since I was a little girl. Our bonding time of watching the basketball games includes sitting on the couch with popcorn and root beer and vegging out with Direct TV. We cheer our favorite team on as Kobe dunks and the other players run around the court.

My dad has taught me about basketball over the years which has been an advantage to me. I understand what is going on the game which only adds to the passion I feel when the Lakers win or lose. When they win I am ecstatic and happy, but when they lose I am in a bad mood until they win again. Watching basketball games can be so addictive but I wouldn't trade these moments with my dad for anything in the world.

I also enjoy how spring is the season when the weather is warming up and we can spend time outdoors again. On warmer evenings we will watch the game outside. We can hang out in the backyard with the smaller TV my dad carries outside for us. We sometimes invite the neighbors over to join in on the fun of watching the Lakers win.

0 comments:

Swidget 1.0