Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Online classes: A real perk for mom!

Thanks for the post Lashina Dawn!

As a busy mother of two, making the decision to return to school seemed a little overwhelming. It took a lot of thought and discussion with my husband before I finally made the decision to do so. Once I began classes I had some live, on campus, courses and a few online classes. I have found that, as a mom of two young children, the online classes are definitely a better option for me.

The first online class that I took was psychology. I had taken a basic psychology class on campus many years ago and had not done too well, so the thought of taking the class online was a bit unnerving. I was initially concerned that I would not do well because I wouldn't have the benefit of the instructors lectures. I signed up for my class and hughesnet internet Alabama service. Instead, I found this first online class experience to be very positive. The instructor set the class format up so that we were able to work at our own pace as long as we met the deadlines for turning in assignments and taking exams. In this situation, exams were even online which meant I never had to go to the campus the entire semester. It was a wonderful experience that ended very happily for me with a strong "A" to add to my transcripts and improve my GPA.

I have since taken medical terminology, introduction to occupational therapy, biology 101 and communications all online. Overall, I have enjoyed these classes in their online format and I have been successful in completion. The benefit of scheduling and the ability to do my course work while my children sleep can not be beat. The only suggestion that I have is to make sure you have a satellite internet service and practice time management. I don't know what I would have done without my hughes net.

0 comments:

Swidget 1.0