Monday, November 8, 2010

Love at the County Fair

Guest post written by Patrick Hull

I met my current boyfriend at the Portage County Fair in Wausau. It was love at first site, well more like love at first country song. We both went with a group of our friends to see Eric Church perform on the last day of the event. I knew I was kind of being set up by my friends so I tried to look my best. After making sure I looked great but not that I was trying too hard, I turned off my directtv hd dvr and drove down to the fairgrounds.

We didn't talk too much at first and I was wondering if he was a country fan or if he was just there because his friends dragged him there. The first Eric Church song was 'Two Pink Lines'. It happens to be my absolute favorite Eric Church song so I belted out every word and line danced with the rest of the crazy fans. None of my friends are quite as extreme as I was so I ended up dancing with a bunch of complete strangers. One of these strangers getting down country style was the guy my friends were trying to set me up with. We had that in common at least. Later that evening we found out we both liked sweet tea and deep fried pickles. I think I found true love at the country fair.

0 comments:

Swidget 1.0