Sunday, September 26, 2010

Superman is the only superhero I care about

The Author of this post is Velma Baird

Others fell in love with the Flash and others fell for the Hulk. But the only superhero that needs no introduction is Superman.

If you mention Superman to a random individual, almost all of them know exactly who you mean from the get go. The ability to "leap tall buildings with a single bound" is almost trivial compared to Superman's ability to capture the hearts and minds of countless people from different societies. No matter how young or old a person is, they can fall instantly in love with Superman.

How many characters can boast the ability to be nearly invulnerable, yet still have issues that everyone from all walks in life can relate to? While I love to dream about having his ability to fly, I believe that Superman's uncanny ability to make countless people love and admire him is perhaps his true super power.

Every time I turn on direct tv nyc, I instantly begin searching to find a Superman cartoon. Thanks to his extreme popularity, he's featured in countless different superhero shows.

My friends have tried to tell me that Superman isn't the greatest of the superheroes, because he has too many powers. But no one will ever convince me that a character who has nearly god-like invulnerability, yet remains so caring and protective, isn't truly the perfect example of what a superhero should be.

0 comments:

Swidget 1.0