Saturday, September 4, 2010

Browsing for Music

Guest post written by Rudy Gordon

I miss the good old days when it was hard to get any listening time in at the record listening stations at music stores. Now it's not that hard to get a turn at the headphones. But a couple of local independent record stores still keep new CDs on rotation at listening stations that I love to listen to while I'm browsing for music.

I'm friends with one of the record shop owners just from coming in so often over the years. I also work at a local music venue that helps set up a lot of in-store artists sets of bands that come to play at the venue. I went in a few weeks ago the day that the new Arcade Fire CD came out to buy it and we ended up having a long talk there. He had some extra help that day - and he definitely needed it because a lot of people came in to buy that CD - so we talked about the usual stuff, music, our families and what not.

I also told him that I was considering booking an appointment at the local miracle ear because I noticed that I was having a hard time hearing like I used to. He told me that he had done the same a thing a while back and he thought that it was probably from listening to loud music on headphones and going to a bunch of concerts over the years.

I have to say that I definitely think we're in the same boat on that situation, but I'm not going to let that keep me from enjoying my music.

0 comments:

Swidget 1.0