Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving at the Cabin

Content by Faustino Fuentes

This year, Tina and I are spending Thanksgiving at her aunt and uncle's cabin in the mountains outside of Yuma, Arizona. I'm pretty excited because will be the first Thanksgiving that I've spent outside of Denver.

Tina has been telling me about the cabin since we first met and I can't wait to get up there. But from what she's told me, it hardly seems fair to call the place a "cabin." I mean, it's a five bedroom, three bathroom house with every amenity you can imagine.

I guess her uncle isn't just a successful lawyer; he's also something of gourmet chef. According to Tina's description, he cooks up a pretty amazing Thanksgiving dinner.

He's one of these guys who cooks a traditional turkey in the oven, and then does the deep fried turkey in a fryer in the backyard. I'm really looking forward to trying that one. After all, I'll eat anything that's deep fried.

One thing I'm thankful for is that Tina's family members are all big football fans. After dinner, they serve up pie in the family room and watch the Cowboys on my Direct TV DVR. And after desert, they all head outside and play touch football in the meadow behind the cabin.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know her extended family and I can't think of better time than Thanksgiving to get started.

0 comments:

Swidget 1.0