Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sometimes you got to get what you can

Posted by Haywood Morales

I have never been a big believer in the idea of getting a live Christmas tree. It just seemed to me a waste of part of nature. This is not to mention the fact that you have to spend more to get this kind of tree, and you have to somehow clean up after it is gone. I prefer to get an artificial tree, but I do something that is a little bit different. I still go out to buy a new artifical tree each year.

Most people would just use the same tree time and again, but I wanted to preserve the Christmas tradition of getting a tree even if I wasn't going to be getting a live one. That is why I go out to the nearest retailer each year. I will admit that it is not nearly as special as the idea of getting one from someone who actually sells the real thing, but it works for me. I figure this way I have more money to spend on something for my wife.

I go to get the tree by myself so that I can do some other Christmas shopping while I am there. I always make sure to set the home security alarm from www.TotalAlarmSystems.com as I walk out the door and head to the store. From there, I am keeping my Christmas traditions alive in my own way.

0 comments:

Swidget 1.0