Friday, October 22, 2010

Watching The Little Mermaid

Thanks for the post, Vernon Lowe

Last night I watched my all-time favorite animated kids' movie, Disney's 'The Little Mermaid'. It never fails to amaze me how fantastic the artists and computer animators are in this digital age.

I bought the VCR tape ages ago when it first came out, when my daughter was 8 years old (she's 26 now). It's actually difficult to find this movie on TV anymore but I have satellite TV from www.CannonSatellite.com so I get to see it now and again, since my tape is kaput. My daughter was obsessed with the movie so we watched it too many times to count. We wore it out!

I love this story even though Disney gave it a happy ending, in contrast to Hans Christian Andersen's original. The animation is simply gorgeous; it is even superior to the original 'Fantasia' which was the gold standard of animated movies. The action is flawless and the wealth of detail blows me away.

The Little Mermaid musical soundtrack is also stunning. You can enjoy listening to it without even watching the movie, but don't pass up the opportunity to see 'The Little Mermaid' whenever you can. I'll be looking forward to my next viewing, hopefully with my granddaughter.

0 comments:

Swidget 1.0