Sunday, March 20, 2011

DIY stylish vest

Guest post written by Hannah Call

Vests are definitely having a moment in fashion right now. But most of them are actually pretty edgy instead of sweater vests. I really want a vest that's kind of somewhere in between though because I'm not quite into the edgy stuff because I still want to touch on that trend, so I'm going to make one myself.

I've never made any clothing before but I've been feeling pretty ambitious since I got a sewing machine for Christmas and thought this would be the perfect way to break it in. I looked up some patterns online with my Satellite ISP and picked out the one that looked the simplest.

For my cute DIY vest I picked out this tweed fabric that looks so classic and I think that it will go with all kinds of stuff and I can wear it for years to come. Here's to hoping that my sewing holds up that long! IÕve started cutting the fabric for the pattern and am a little nervous to actually start sewing, but I just need to jump right in.

0 comments:

Swidget 1.0